Fall is here, and we’re hoping for cooler weather! We love seeing the decorations on your homes and the spirit of the community come to life. We’re almost halfway through the semester and wish each of you the best of luck on your midterm exams — you got this! Don’t forget, if you need a caffeine boost or a sugar rush, we have coffee and cookies here in the clubhouse.
We would love to have you with us again! Give us a call or drop by the office to receive your renewal rate and reserve your home for next year.
Reminders & Updates
- Office hours are Monday–Friday from 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday from 10 a.m.–4 p.m., and Sunday from noon–4 p.m.
- Rent is due on the 1st of each month. Late fees will be assessed per the late fee schedule in your lease. If you have questions, contact the office.
- Pets must be registered. Failure to do so will result in a warning and a fine assessed per your lease agreement.
- Dogs are required to be on a leash at all times. If your pet is not on a leash, you will be fined $250.
- Guests must be accompanied by residents to use the media room, conference room, pool, or volleyball court.
We hope you’ve had a good start to the semester! Everyone should be settled in by now and ready to take on the school year. October will be packed with events and a special Resident Appreciation Week planned from October 2–6, so be sure to look at the events section in this newsletter.
Renewal rates and new lease rates are ready! Please stop by the front desk so we can answer any questions you have in regard to renewing your lease — we’re happy to help.
Get involved. Get ahead.
Did you know students who are involved outside of the classroom are more successful in their academic pursuits? If you haven’t already done so, we encourage you to find opportunities to get involved on campus and in the local community. Your campus’ student activities office is a great place to start to find out about clubs, organizations, and campus events. You can also connect with our team to find ways to get connected. Whether it’s the chess club or intramural football, or volunteering at a local shelter, we would love to help you find ways to get involved both at your Campus Advantage community and on campus.
How are we doing?
Have you filled out your resident satisfaction survey yet? Please take a moment to let us know how we’re doing and get a chance to win a $1,000 or $500 gift card! Simply visit http://ratemy.community. We are always working to improve your experiences!
Resident Appreciation Week:
- Breakfast on the Geaux — October 2 — Grab some breakfast and a high-five to fuel your day!
- Thankful for YOU Tuesday — October 3 — Be on the lookout for a sweet treat/surprise from your Community Assistant!
- #WorkItWednesday — October 4 — Get your career success on! Come down to the clubhouse for a professional headshot for your LinkedIn profile, and check out our new 24/7 Career Success Portal!
- Camp Cookout Thursday — October 5 — It’s the biggest bonanza of the year! Come hang out with us!
- Free Friday — October 6 — Follow us on Snapchat @thevillasar and find out about your chance to win something!
Halloween Door Decorating Contest — October 4–20 — Decorate your front doors for Halloween and you could win great prizes! Doors will be judged on October 20 @ 4 p.m.
Brain Food — October 12 — Follow us on Instagram @villasriverbend to find out how to have pizza delivered to your door for free!
Sweet Potato Craze — October 20 — Swing by the clubhouse for a homemade sweet seasonal treat. Recipe and baking tips included!